Seniors in assisted living deserve the very best, and that includes their dining options. High-quality dining services can improve quality of life for those in senior living communities. At Summer’s Landing, the seniors in our care enjoy resident-centered dining services. All of our dietary menus for seniors are approved by a registered dietician, and we take into account our residents’ preferences as well as their nutritional needs.
Learn more about the dietary options available to seniors in assisted living and reach out to our community at 833.770.0414 to schedule a tour.
Types of Dietary Menus at Assisted Living
There are a variety of dietary menus that seniors can enjoy at assisted living. The most common type is the all-inclusive menu, which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some assisted living communities also offer snacks in between meals. Other dietary menus include:
- Continental breakfast – This menu offers a light breakfast with items such as cereal, toast, and fruit.
- Brunch – A brunch menu typically includes both breakfast and lunch items. It’s a great option for those who want to take their time over breakfast and eat a more substantial meal later in the day.
- Boxed lunch – A boxed lunch usually includes a sandwich or wrap, salad, drink, and dessert. It’s a great option for those who want to bring their lunch with them on the go.
- À la carte – An à la carte menu offers a variety of choices, so residents can order whatever they’re in the mood for. This is a great option for those who have dietary restrictions or allergies.
Benefits of Healthy Eating for Seniors in Assisted Living
There are many benefits to eating healthy foods as a senior in assisted living. Some of the most important include:
- Improved quality of life – A healthy diet can improve the overall quality of life for seniors. It can help them feel more energized and alert, and it can also reduce the risk of health problems.
- Better mental health – Eating nutritious foods can help keep seniors’ minds sharp and reduce the risk of conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Stronger bones – A healthy diet can help keep seniors’ bones strong and reduce the risk of fractures.
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases – Eating a healthy diet can help reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
Eating nutrient-dense foods is important for seniors in assisted living, and the team at Summer’s Landing ensures that the meals available to our residents are nutritious as well as delicious.
The Importance of Working with a Doctor to Design a Dietary Menu
It’s important to work with a doctor to design a dietary menu that meets all of a senior’s nutritional needs. A doctor can help ensure that the menu is tailored specifically to the senior’s age, health condition, and lifestyle. This is especially important for seniors who have special dietary needs or allergies. Some of the factors to consider include:
- The senior’s age, health condition, and dietary restrictions
- The senior’s likes and dislikes
- The types of foods available in the assisted living community
Seniors and their loved ones are encouraged to reach out to Summer’s Landing to learn more about our dining options. We offer high-quality, resident-centered dining services that can improve the quality of life for our residents
Reaching Out to Summer’s Landing for More Information
If you’re looking for more information about dietary menus at assisted living, please reach out to us at Summer’s Landing. We would be happy to answer any of your questions and help you choose the menu that’s right for you or your loved one. Connect with us at 833.770.0414 or reach out online to learn more.