One of the most important qualities when looking into an independent senior living community is the senior activities that the community offers. As active members of the community, the resident coming into Summer’s Landing expects the freedom to maintain their lifestyle and creative opportunities to explore. Thus, we offer numerous senior activities for all of our residents to engage with as well as assisted living services that allow them to maintain their independence. By freeing up time and taking on many of the daily burdens, our active and independent residents live their best life in retirement.
SENIOR ACTIVITIES THAT
It doesn’t matter what age you are, physical activity and exercise improve your health. Therefore, Summer’s Landing provides regular outlets for exercise. Participating in exercise classes not only improves and maintains an individual’s health but is also a great social practice. Classes bring neighbors and peers together. Being able to discuss, share, and work together with others is key in living not just an active life but a good one. So whether you participate in aerobics, stretching exercises, or weight training, exercise will increase your strength, flexibility, and balance, and will keep your mind sharp and focused.
Some senior activities that grow out of exercise and physical activity can include:
- Walking: Walking, jogging, or hiking is one of the simplest yet most satisfying ways for people of any age to stay active. It is an activity one can do alone or with others. Also, it allows individuals to explore their community, stay in touch with their neighborhood, and be involved with the world.
- Swimming: Older individuals may not always have the stamina they used to have. Sometimes, arthritis or joint issues hamper mobility. Thus, swimming or water activities are an excellent way to increase one’s strength, stay active, and avoid discomfort or inflammation.
- Dancing: Perhaps one of the most social activities an individual can engage in is dancing. It is a great way to not only meet new people but keep your heart and joints healthy. Further, like many other exercises, it keeps the mind alert and engaged.
Other Hobbies and Interests
Exercise isn’t the only kind of senior activities available to residents of Summer’s Landing. We regularly organize trips for our residents. We can provide transportation services to nearby shopping areas or places of interest such as theme parks. Additionally, we can organize individual or group outings to museums, performances, or festivals. Getting out and seeing the local area is key in staying active and healthy. Here at Summer’s Landing, we strive to facilitate the desires of our independent residents.
Also, we can help residents explore new hobbies and interests. Art and crafting sessions allow residents to discover new talents or revive former skills. Some popular arts and crafts courses and senior activities include:
- Painting, sketching, and drawing
- Pottery and ceramics
- Knitting, crocheting, embroidery
- Jewelry making
Living as an independent senior is also the perfect time to learn how to play a musical instrument, learn a new language, and discover how new technology can connect individuals and inspire. You can also indulge in cooking, or finally take the time to sit down and write the stories, poems, or letters that you have always wanted to. Senior activities at Summer’s Landing encompass a wide range of opportunities. Why not explore them with us?
Senior living at Summer’s Landing is about having the confidence to follow your path in retirement. With our 24/7 support staff at Summer’s Landing, we are confident you won’t want for anything. You will also have the time to pursue your interests at your pace. We provide several senior care services designed to take the everyday burden off your shoulders so you can focus on what senior activities you want to do. Some of the other senior care services we provide include medication assistance services as well as superb dining services. Reach out to us today at 833.770.0414 to learn more about our community. We would love to welcome you or your family into our community.