If you or someone you love needs a little help with the activities of daily living, it may be time to search for elderly care in Florida. It’s essential to come prepared with questions when you tour a facility and have an idea of what you’re looking for. At Summer’s Landing, we want families and residents to feel comfortable, so here are a few tips to help you find the best adult care home in Lynn Haven, Panama City, and the surrounding areas.
What Is a Senior Living Community?
First, it’s essential to understand what a senior living community is. There are different levels of care in senior living communities, including:
- Assisted living – These communities help seniors with the activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, and hygiene.
- Retirement community – 55+ communities are open to older adults who can still care for all their needs. Some services may be available, such as meals and activities, depending on the community.
- Nursing home – Typically, residents of nursing homes required skilled nursing care.
- Adult daycare centers – These facilities provide care and entertainment for older adults, typically during working hours.
Summer’s Landing is an assisted living facility.
Deciding on the Right Location for Your Senior Living Community
Residents often prefer to be close to friends and family members. Many communities have outings, and residents can go out on day trips with visitors. Therefore, it’s important to consider the location preferred. Additionally, consider proximity to doctors and health care facilities.
Contact Several Senior Living Centers
Narrow down possible sites and reach out to find out a little more information. You can do this online. Once you send a request for information, the different facilities email you information highlighting their programs and activities.
Activities at Summer’s Landing include the following:
- Walking, swimming, and dancing
- Painting and drawing
- Beading and jewelry making
Book a Tour at Summer’s Landing Senior Living Center
By now, you should have a shorter list of facilities. Choose a few and schedule tours so you can get to know the communities better. Here are a few things to ask yourself during the tour:
- Is the community bright and odor-free?
- Do you see handrails and call buttons?
- Are residents engaged and cheerful?
- Does the staff interact well with residents?
- What types of rooms are available?
Talk to People in the Community
Many communities will encourage you to speak primarily with the person conducting the tour. However, if you can, talk with staff members and residents, who may give you more insight into life inside the facility.
Family members and prospective residents typically meet with marketing professionals. If you can get a better idea of resident care, you will have a fuller picture of what it’s like to live there. Ask how Summer’s Landing staff members handle emergency situations and whether they respond quickly to calls for assistance.
Contact Summer’s Landing Today
Assisted living provides help and supervision for aging individuals. Many residents build friendships and have more socialization than if they had remained living isolated at home. At Summer’s Landing, residents can enjoy delicious meals with our dining services in a beautiful dining hall as well as a secure environment with nurturing staff members available day and night. Feel free to browse our blog for more news and information on senior care.
Choosing elderly care in Florida can seem daunting. However, go in with a plan and you can find a welcoming community, such as Summer’s Landing, that provides excellent care for its residence. Take the time to do the research, and you’ll find an excellent fit for your needs. Contact us at 833.770.0414 to schedule a tour or find out more information about our facilities in Lynn Haven, Panama City, and the surrounding areas.