Assisted living can make celebrating the holidays more enjoyable than ever before by providing a sociable and family-oriented community. Enjoy specially planned events and outings that celebrate the best of these special days. Holiday cooking is a breeze when every delicious meal is planned and prepared under the guidance of a dietician, then served to you with no after-dinner clean-up. And time with loved ones on holidays can’t be missed.
No matter how you like to celebrate the holidays, Summer’s Landing will enhance the experience. Centrally located in Lynn Haven, Summer’s Landing offers the best in senior living for residents of Panama City and beyond. Reach out to us today to learn more about assisted living services and if our community is the right fit for you or a loved one.
Holidays Can Be More Special with the Help of Assisted Living Services
Health issues or mobility concerns don’t have to limit your good time during the holidays. With assisted living services, you are free to enjoy the fruits of life unbound from limitations that held you back and made daily maintenance feel like hard work.
Assisted living offers 24/7 support for the activities of daily living. An all-inclusive assisted living program promises maintenance-free housing, regular guided exercise opportunities, and nourishing meals. It can offer assistance with medication, bathing, and transportation for trips and errands. As you age, the support increases to meet your needs, and you’re able to continue enjoying a high quality of life while minimizing the worries.
How to Make Thanksgiving Special for Seniors in Assisted Living Communities
With assisted living, you can spend Thanksgiving basking in the company of loved ones and immersed in the joy of a family-oriented assisted living community. Here are a few suggestions to make the most of a senior Thanksgiving:
- Get intergenerational – Spending time with people outside of your age group has a multitude of health benefits and can be a lot of fun. Whether partaking in an activity together or simply enjoying a conversation, intergenerational gatherings are an incredible opportunity to cultivate open-mindedness.
- Handmade cards – Draw, collage, write, and fold. Making homemade holiday cards is not only a fun and creative pastime, it can bring incredible joy to the folks you are most thankful for. It’s also a great way to use old magazines and calendars with interesting pictures. Multiply the joy by making cards with visitors (especially youngsters) to exchange or mail later.
- Puzzles and games – Alone or together, from crossword to jigsaw to solitaire to bingo, the benefits of games are numerous. They can offer a platform for social enjoyment, provide a hearty laugh, and strengthen your brain all at once.
- Watch a parade or movie – Thanksgiving Day parades are always a festive experience and will put you in the mood for celebration. The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is a classic. You may have or want to find a local parade to enjoy. Watching old favorites or taking in the new blockbuster movies are great holiday activities.
- Attend a show – Whether it’s an off-Broadway production, stand-up comedy, or the local children’s chorus, enjoying a show is good for body, mind, and soul. With the support of assisted living, traveling to and from is easy.
No matter the activity, make the holidays in assisted living even more special by expressing all that you’re grateful for.
Contact Summer’s Landing to Learn More About Assisted Living
Summer’s Landing is an all-inclusive community where you can live in comfort no matter the type of assistance you require. Our thoughtful balance of amenities and affordability make it possible for all seniors to live in style.
We possess a standard assisted living license and have a professional, compassionate staff ready to attend to your needs. We’re here to grow with you. Make this holiday special by joining us.
Contact Summer’s Landing at 850.265.9829 to learn more about our outstanding assisted living services.