Many seniors don’t think they need senior care services because of their reluctance to move away from the comfort of their homes. While that is understandable, studies indicate that even though staying at home might give seniors a feeling of comfort, it may not be the best for them.
Some people also feel that they can take care of their aging loved ones, but usually end up providing insufficient care. Issues can come up while taking care of seniors that can only be addressed by a proper senior care home. To learn more about how to help your loved one transition to senior care, call Summer’s Landing at 850.265.9829 to get the help that you need.
3 Signs It’s Time to Transition to Senior Care
If you’re wondering whether it’s time for you or your loved one to transition to a senior care home, below are three tell-tale signs to help you decide:
1. Difficulty Handling Basic Tasks
No matter how agile you were in your youth, the years after retirement are often characterized by a decrease in your ability to perform basic tasks. You may start to find it increasingly difficult to handle tasks like cooking, cleaning, laundry, and shopping. You may even begin to find day-to-day activities like eating, taking medications, showering, and getting dressed more difficult to do. It’s what comes with that phase of life.
While hiring in-home help for these tasks can be a good remedy, it is only as a band-aid to the underlying situation. A senior living community offers all-inclusive care for residents by assisting with all their basic needs, even as it provides an enabling environment for fun activities that are mentally stimulating.
2. Frequent Accidents and Injuries
One obvious sign that you need to consider transitioning to a senior care community is compromised safety. Medical emergency situations are more likely to occur with aging adults, especially those who live alone. This is because they are likely to get involved in an increasing number of accidents since they now have less or no supervision.
You shouldn’t wait until there is a close shave before you consider getting them into an assisted living facility. You may not be there when the next medical emergency happens. The safety of an all-inclusive round-the-clock senior living community might be just what you need.
3. Declining Health Conditions
One of the biggest tell-tale signs that you or your loved ones need full-time senior care services is a declining health condition. A chronic health condition may not seriously have much effect on the daily lives of your loved one now, but over time, it will.
So, rather than try to manage deteriorating health on your own, you should consider receiving professional senior care services from an assisted living community where services like medication management are available..
Benefits of Our Senior Care Services at Summer’s Landing
Many benefits come with transitioning into senior care communities. At Summer’s Landing, some of the benefits you will enjoy by joining our amazing assisted living community include:
- Healthier and safer environment: Our assisted living facility provides you with a healthy and safe environment that gives you a family feel.
- 24/7 standard and professional care: Our Standard Assisted Living (ADL) license in Florida means that we can provide you with 24/7 professional care, around-the-clock emergency service, and incredible dietician-approved meals that are reinvigorating and exhilarating.
- No more loneliness: Loneliness is always a problem for most seniors, but this won’t be a problem in our assisted living community. We have an array of interesting activities, amenities, and affordable Jack-n-Jill rooms that help all of our residents forge meaningful relationships.
- Historic location: We are happy to brag about our central location! We are right in the historic district of Lynn Haven and this means we add a bit of cultural touch to our services, unlike many others.
Learn More About Our Assisted Living Community at Summer’s Landing
If you’re experiencing any of the above signs, then it’s time to join us at Summer’s Landing in Lynn Haven, Florida. Our residents enjoy a wide range of quality senior care services. Learn more about our one-of-a-kind offers by contacting us online or calling us at 850.265.9829 today!