Transitioning to assisted living is always easy; if your loved one is getting ready to transition into an assisted living community, you’ll want to know how to make their move as smooth as possible. While an assisted living transition can seem overwhelming, knowing a few tips ahead of time can make it easier for both you and your loved one. To learn more about assisted living at Summer’s Landing, contact us at 850.265.9829 today.
Transitioning to Assisted Living Can Be Difficult
Some seniors worry that transitioning to assisted means that they are losing some of their valued independence. They might worry about feeling lonely or that they will not make friends in their community. A few issues and worries can make this transition difficult:
- Financial concerns
- Problems selling their previous residence
- Navigating a new neighborhood with unfamiliar sights and sounds
- Fears that their family will not visit
However, there are a few things you can do to help make an assisted living transition go well for your loved one.
Tips for an Assisted Living Transition
To make your loved one’s transition to senior care easier, there are a few steps you can take:
- First, even before you begin discussing a possible assisted living transition, research your options for senior care in your area. This way, you can tell your loved one about the amenities, social life, and other features about their potential senior living community. Including your loved one in the process is a great way to ensure that they feel like their wants are valued.
- Once you’ve chosen a senior living community, make the moving day itself easy by scheduling the help of moving services. Many moving services for seniors will not only move their furniture and decor into their new residence, but they can also assist in turning off utilities at their prior residence and cleaning. Some services can even help seniors who are making an assisted living transition by listing their homes and working with realtors.
- See if it’s possible for your loved one to continue seeing their regular doctor. While many senior living communities have on-site medical teams, your loved one has likely built a relationship of trust with their doctor. Continuing to receive treatment from a trusted medical professional can help your loved one feel safe.
- Finally, talk to the staff at your loved one’s new assisted living community regularly. By advocating on behalf of your loved one, you can ensure that they’re receiving the help they need. The team members at their community can help your loved one connect with neighbors, navigate the campus, and use technology to stay in touch with family and friends.
When you are prepared, transitioning to assisted living doesn’t have to be stressful or scary.
Contact Summer’s Landing for an Easy Transition to Senior Care in FL
Summer’s Landing’s senior living community provides unparalleled comfort and convenience. We offer daily activities and frequent outings to keep our residents active and stimulated. We also provide opportunities to stay active through senior fitness classes. Our stylish residence is also a place where residents can relax and host friends and family. We offer a variety of senior living options to meet each individual senior’s needs.
To make your loved one’s assisted living transition as easy as possible, our welcoming team will make our new residents feel at home right away. With plenty of opportunities to meet new neighbors, your loved one will make new friends and find a community of friendly faces. Reach out to Summer’s Landing at 850.265.9829 to learn more about how we can help make your loved one’s transition to senior care in Florida as smooth and seamless as possible.