Adult care homes in Florida provide care and support for the elderly and disabled. Summer’s Landing is a senior living center located in the historic district of Lynn Haven, FL. We are a close-knit community of caring staff members and happy residents who participate in therapeutic and recreational activities that form our senior care services. We understand that when you need extra help with the activities of daily living it can be difficult to make the transition to assisted living facilities. Therefore, we do everything we can to make the transition as easy as possible for new residents and their families.
Services Offered by Adult Care Homes in Florida
Dedicated staff members assist residents with the activities of daily living. These activities include dressing, toileting, eating, and bathing. Our hardworking maintenance and housekeeping teams provide cleaning and laundry services so residents can enjoy each day worry-free.
Some of the other services enjoyed by Summer’s Landing residents include the following:
- Educational and exercise activities
- Health services
- Medication administration
- Social services
- Religious activities
- Transportation arrangements for appointments and errands
- Wellness programs
Emergency call systems in common areas and private rooms and 24-hour security help keep our residents safe and secure.
Restaurant-Style Dining Services
Dining services at adult care homes include communal dining rooms where residents can join their friends for healthy meals prepared by kitchen staff. Friendly chefs take personal preferences, nutritional needs, and doctor-ordered diets into account when preparing meals. For elderly and disabled patients with dysphasia, diabetes, and other special needs, we adjust our menu and care accordingly.
Other Services Available in a Senior Living Center
Some of the other services available at Summer’s Landing include the following:
- Life enrichment – Loneliness and isolation can cause mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. Our assisted living community offers life enrichment activities to keep residents physically active and emotionally and spiritually fulfilled.
- Supportive services – Light housekeeping, transportation, and laundry services are just the beginning of services available to our senior residents. We do everything we can to ensure that residents enjoy their golden years free from worry.
- Secure environment – Our facility is designed to provide supervision and companionship to esteemed residents. From handrails and grab bars in the hallways and bathrooms to emergency call systems, our facility is designed with the safety of seniors top of mind.
- Well-balanced meals – Health and well-being start with proper nutrition. That’s why we focus on making delicious and nutritious meals and snacks for residents. Dietary restrictions and preferences get the appropriate consideration during meal planning strategies and preparation.
What Senior Activities Do Residents Enjoy?
Exercise can reduce joint inflammation and boost the mood of participants. Seniors have access to activities geared toward fitness and fun. Walking, hiking, and jogging help residents stay in shape and allow them to participate to the best of their ability. Additionally, seniors with mobility issues have access to water activities that may help them stay active and build up their strength.
Recreational activities are a great way to express creativity and spend time socializing with other residents.
Activities at Summer’s Landing include the following:
- Painting and drawing
- Paper crafts
- Pottery and ceramics
- Quilting and knitting
Senior Care Services at Summer’s Landing in Florida
For families and individuals looking for long-term care, we invite you to take a tour of our facility. Speak with staff members and residents to find out what makes Summer’s Landing so special. Our senior living facility in Lynn Haven, FL caters to the needs of individual residents while creating a sense of community. Contact us at 833.770.0414 for instructions on the admissions process or to schedule a tour with your loved one.