Assisted living is a popular option for seniors who can no longer live independently. This type of senior care provides a safe and comfortable environment and support and care services tailored to each individual’s needs. But what is the cost of assisted living services? Call 833.770.0414 to speak with someone from the caring and compassionate staff at Summer’s Landing about assisted living costs and our services in Florida.
What Is Assisted Living for Seniors?
Assisted living staff are typically available 24/7 to help with activities of daily living (ADLs) if needed. These ADLs include bathing, dressing, eating, and taking medications. Other assisted living services for seniors include the following:
- Socialization opportunities – Residents can participate in recreational activities such as group outings, parties, game nights, exercise classes, arts and crafts programs, and more. All of these are designed to help them stay engaged socially.
- Home maintenance and housekeeping – Residents don’t have to worry about things like yard work or home repairs because caring and compassionate staff members take care of these. Also included are weekly housekeeping services such as laundry and light cleaning duties.
- General health care and dietary needs – Depending on the level of care they need, residents can receive regular medical checkups from on-site nurses or doctors if necessary. They also have access to nutritious meals prepared by professional chefs catering to seniors’ dietary needs.
- Medication management – Licensed nurses and other medical personnel can help manage medication, ensuring that residents take the proper medications at the correct times. The staff may also adjust prescriptions if they observe an adverse reaction to a medication.
- Transportation – For those who cannot drive themselves or use public transport, assisted living staff offers transportation services for shopping trips or other errands that need to be done outside of the facility grounds. Some communities even allow residents to have staff members accompany them or do their chores.
In general, assisted living combines independent senior living with the supportive services and care needed by those who can no longer live independently due to age-related health issues.
What Is the Typical Cost of Assisted Living for Seniors?
Assisted living costs vary greatly depending on location and level of service required. Still, you should expect an average monthly rate between $2,000–$4,500 per month for standard assisted living communities like Summer’s Landing in Florida. Rates may also increase based on additional amenities, such as beauty salons or spas. Assisted living costs are typically much more affordable than skilled nursing services, which can cost upwards of $7,000–$8,000 per month—however, skilled nursing services may be necessary if assisted living services aren’t enough to support your older loved one’s daily functioning.
If you’re wondering about assisted living costs for a loved one who needs additional care and support, the caring and compassionate staff at Summer’s Landing can help. We’ll work with you to discuss your and your older loved one’s options and find a solution that meets your budget.
Find an Assisted Living Community for Seniors in Florida at Summer’s Landing
It’s important to understand that not all assisted living communities are created equal due to the varying costs and quality of services provided. Hence, it’s worth researching different options before deciding where your older loved one will reside if they need extra help with daily tasks due to aging or health-related issues. The cost of assisted living will depend on many factors, including location and level of care required but know that there is likely an affordable option out there that meets your loved one’s needs in terms of both price and quality. Contact Summer’s Landing today at 833.770.0414 for more information about our rates or services at our assisted living community in Florida.